Sunday, April 14, 2013

Flash Mob: My walk for Multiple Myeloma

Cancer sucks. Period. The older I get, the more people I know personally that are battling this horrible disease.  It comes in some many forms.  Last weekend I walked for my friend Laura, who had just lost her seven year battle with Multiple Myeloma, a rare blood cancer, on March 25, 2013. She was just 57 years old.

Laura, though, never lost her joy of living and her appreciation of dance. She asked for one thing as the end approached: she wanted a flash mob to greet her in Heaven.  Her daughter, Jillian, arranged for just that. Here's the dance we did just before the walk - growing to over 100 dancers!


Thanks to everyone's incredibly generous support of my walk, I raised over $3500 towards Multiple Myeloma research.

No comments:

Post a Comment